Many times while I’m eating a meal, I’ll look up the health benefits of the food I’m consuming.
And I’m always blown away by how much nutritional power vegetables pack.
Take for example this simple bowl of soup.
Four basic ingredients: leek, broccoli, garlic and mushroom.
Heated gently to make them soft, then blended and warmed again after to make the soup.
Delicious. Simple. Yet the power hidden in a basic meal like this will blow you away. Guaranteed to boost your immune system massively.
Let’s take a look at the potential health benefits of each ingredient, as researched by Healthline.
- Contain A Variety Of Nutrients
- Packed With Beneficial Plant Compounds
- Reduce Inflammation And Promote Heart Health
- Aid Weight Loss
- Protect Against Certain Cancers
- Promote Healthy Digestion
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Promote Brain Function
- Fight Infections
- Packed With Vitamins, Minerals and Bioactive Compounds
- Contains Potent Antioxidants That Offer Health-Protective Effects
- Bioactive Compounds May Contribute to Reduced Inflammation
- Protect Against Certain Types of Cancer
- Antioxidants and Fiber May Aid Blood Sugar Control
- Support Heart Health in a Variety of Ways
- Promotes Healthy Digestion and Reduced Constipation
- May Slow Mental Decline and Support Healthy Brain Function
- Help Slow the Aging Process
- Vitamin C Content Supports a Healthy Immune System
- Support Dental and Oral Health
- Promote Healthy Bones and Joints
- May Support a Healthy Pregnancy
- Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage
- Garlic Contains Compounds With Potent Medicinal Properties
- Garlic Is Highly Nutritious But Has Very Few Calories
- Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold
- The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure
- Improves Cholesterol Levels, Which May Lower the Risk of Heart Disease
- Contains Antioxidants That May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Help You Live Longer
- Athletic Performance Might Be Improved
- Help Detoxify Heavy Metals in the Body
- Improve Bone Health
Mushrooms (depending on variety)
- Protect Against Dementia
- Helps Relieve Mild Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety
- Speed Up Recovery from Nervous System Injuries
- Protects Against Ulcers in the Digestive Tract
- Reduces Heart Disease Risk
- Helps Manage Diabetes Symptoms
- Help Fight Cancer
- Reduces Inflammation and Oxidative Stress
- Boosts the Immune System
Simple meals, containing superfoods like these, are key to a strong immune system, overall health and reducing risk of diseases.
And it’s not just these vegetables – it’s all of them. Each packed with their own arsenal of powerful nutrition and health benefits.
The next time you’re eating vegetables, take a minute to look up each vegetable’s health benefits. You’ll probably be shocked, as well as motivated to eat them more often.
Feel free to browse the sources listed below for a full breakdown of all these health benefits.
Now excuse me while I get back to my little bowl of power.